Water Heater Flush and Safety Inspection in Portland
Water heaters are often out of sight, out of mind—until you want to take a relaxing bath and find that the water is lukewarm or even worse that your water heater is leaking due to years of corrosion. Since your water heater is an integral part of your family’s comfort, call Rescue Rooter®/Jack HowkSM to have your water heater checked at least once a year. Every year that you miss having your water heater maintained, the efficiency of your unit could drop. This is why it’s so important to have a professional plumber do a regular water heater flush and safety inspection.
When water heater maintenance is done properly, it can take up to 45 minutes. This is not the type of service you want done quickly. Your plumber should be thorough.
Our Flush and Safety Inspection Steps
Our steps include the following but are not limited to:
- Inspect controls, wiring and heating elements
- Drain or flush tank and remove any sediment; the water heater may need to be flushed several times until the water heater runs clear
- Test temperature and pressure relief valve
- Inspect water lines and drain valve
- Remove and check anode rod condition. The anode rod is what we call a “sacrificial” rod—it diverts the corrosion away from the tank to itself—so it may need to be replaced if it’s worn out.
- Plus more safety and efficiency checks
Upon completion, we will present you with our findings, share any recommendations and potential concerns about your water heater. This is where we would consult with you on any additional repairs or suggested upgrades to maximize your family’s comfort. For high-efficiency water heating, you may want to consider upgrading to a tankless water heater. Call us for more details.
A Few Things Portland Homeowners Can Do
- Visually inspect the water heater from time to time, to see if there are any obvious signs of wear and tear, rust, or leaks.
- Call Rescue Rooter / Jack Howk to schedule your annual water heater flush and safety inspection.
- We are licensed, and our employees undergo background checks and drug screens. We also provide the Exceptional Service Guarantee.