Portland Garbage Disposal Repair and Replacement
A garbage disposal is a device under the kitchen sink that is used to shred up any food or waste that is sent down the drain. Some people may think of putting their hands in or sticking sharp objects into the garbage disposal to clear out something that might be caught or blocking the garbage disposal. Garbage disposals have sharp blades that rotate at a high speed to shred waste, so unless you are an expert, it is not a good idea to try to repair a garbage disposal yourself.
If you think there is a problem with your garbage disposal, call one of our professional plumbers at Jack Howk SM/Rescue Rooter® to help diagnose the problem.
Does Your Garbage Disposal Need Serviced or Replaced?
Your garbage disposal may need to be serviced or replaced by a professional plumber if you notice any of the following issues:
- Is there an odd stench coming from your sink or disposal?
- Does it sound like something is stuck? Any grinding sounds?
- Is the sink full with standing water after use?
- Are there any signs of a leak under your sink?
- Is there any kind of decay that could be causing leaks?
Often times these issues can be corrected with a simple replacement part. We carry most of the commonly used makes and models of garbage disposals and we can help you find the best unit to fit your needs. You can trust our professional plumbers here at Rescue Rooter / Jack Howk, to quickly investigate the isuue, repair or replace your appliances. See below for more helpful hints.
$50 off Any Repair or Service*
*$200 minimum purchase required. Valid only at participating ARS® / Rescue Rooter® Network Locations. Not valid for third party, HSP, commercial customers, new construction customers, with any other offers or discounts, or prior sales. Coupon required at time of service. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited. See invoice for details. Any other use may constitute fraud. Cash value $.001.
Offer expires: #expDate#
Things You Should Not Put down Your Disposal
- Pasta – water can cause the pasta to expand and clog the disposal.
- Oil, Fat, and Grease, harden as they are cooled.
- Certain vegetables- celery and kale can clog the disposal because of their stringy texture.
- Egg shells – The membrane inside the shell wrap around the blades and clog it up.
- Rice – Water expands the rice, like the pasta, causing a clog.